Monday, July 29, 2013

Sample Stash #2

This week, I am working my way through some of my samples!  I literally have a mountain of samples to work through!!  I do like trying a variety of products because every so often I do find a holy grail product that I cannot live without. <3


This batch has TWO amazing must haves.  

1. Michael Todd Organic Lemon Toner ($18 for full size
2. Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask ($55 for full size)


I would say these are two of the best products I have tried in awhile!!  The Michael Todd toner is gentle on the skin and it made my skin feel significantly softer and healthier.  I put a few drops on a cotton pad and wiped it all over my face for an instantly fresh face <3 LOVE this product and will definitely be purchasing the full size.  I'm also really into masks lately and this Ren mask is hands down the best one I have tried so far!  It smells strongly of citrus and there is a very slight tingling sensation a few seconds after you apply it.  It is supposed to sit on your face for a few minutes before rinsing it off.  I'm pretty sure my recently clear complexion is largely due to the combined use of these two products.

All the other products did not "wow" me to be honest.  
The Gel Haute Polish remover is meant to remove gel polish (sorry, I just finished using this product up so it should actually be in an empties post).  The liquid in this bottle evaporated really quickly :-( it definitely didn't last as long as I wish it would have, so I don't think I'll repurchase it even though it is only $5 at Neiman Marcus.  It did do the trick to remove my stubborn gel polish, but so does my much cheaper, regular remover.  Pevonia balm is supposed to help with fine lines, but it was greasy and took a long time to dry ($79 for full size).  This is another product made for men, but I figured I would try it anyway.  I will not be buying this one.  The other two (Ulta and Bare Minerals) are facial moisturizers that don't smell bad and do work to soften and hydrate the skin, but they don't stand out as anything special.  Ulta moisturizer is $15 & Bare Minerals is $30.  

Hope this was helpful!

Have you tried anything from Michael Todd?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask as well. I just used up a full sized one last week, but I have a mini to hold me over until I buy a new one. I'm interested in trying out some Michael Todd products as well--it's a brand I've never used before!

    Julie
    JulesDarling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Jules! I'm so glad to hear you had success with it too! I want to check out what else Ren has, but that mask is perfect! It is definitely going to join my skin care routine <3 If you'd like to try Michael Todd, try using the code "save20" for 20% off! xo Kelly

      Delete
  2. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! stylish facemasks

    ReplyDelete